Eastside Eye Associates has been closely following CDC, American Academy of Ophthalmology, NYS and NYC guidelines for re-opening our practice on June 1st.
We are doing our utmost to provide a safe environment for our patients and our staff by implementing rigorous procedures to repeatedly clean and sanitize our front desk area, waiting room, examining rooms, testing equipment and optical area.
We are implementing the following protocols:
1. Before your appointment we will contact you to ask if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, such as cough, fever, gastrointestinal upset or chills. If you do have any of these or other symptoms, please check with your medical doctor and do not come in. Urgent problems will be handled on a case-by-case basis. As always, please make sure we have your email address and the best phone number to reach you, either by phone or by text.
2. Phone online check-in – As much as possible your visit will be hands-free, and check-in will be handled electronically. To this end, please provide the details of your health insurance card and your credit card. We cannot see you without this information.
3. We aim to have no more than 3 or 4 patients in the office at any one time. Please do not arrive more than 5-10 minutes early or late, since this will disrupt our patient flow and patient safety. If you exceed this time frame, you will need to wait outside the building and we will call you to come in. As much as we love to see family members, we cannot accommodate friends or family unless you are under the age of 18 or are accompanied by an aide.
4. When you arrive, we will ask if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, take your temperature and may check your blood oxygen with a pulse oximeter.
5. All patients MUST wear a mask or face covering at all times while in the office.
6. Please keep social distancing of six feet at all times. We realize this may not be possible during your examination, so wearing a mask or face covering is essential. Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the office.
7. All areas are continuously cleaned and disinfected, including exam rooms and high touch surfaces. Your safety is our prime concern.
8. Telemedicine consultations will continue to be available throughout the week. Please call our office to schedule this with one of our doctors.
These are just some of the changes we have made to keep you and our dedicated staff safe and healthy. It is likely that more changes will be made, and we will update you as they happen. Please make sure we have accurate and current contact information for you, so we can reach you when needed.
We sincerely hope and pray that this pandemic will soon be under control. Until then, please remember to wear a mask, practice social distancing and stay safe and healthy.
Eastside Eye Associates
Julius Shulman, MD
Dalia S. Nagel, MD
Allie Nadelson, MD